We love The Orange Owl cruelty-free and completely vegan beauty product line, and not just because of the cute name. We also love it because founder Akshata Nayak started the company with being kind to animals and the environment in mind. Akshata practices what she preaches, literally. She currently owns a holistic health practice with her husband in Vermont.
The Orange Owl has a fragrant collection of body butters, soaps, body scrubs, bath salts and lip balms. Here are our 5 most coveted vegan and cruelty-free items from The Orange Owl:
1. Sunshine Blast Soap – This moisturizing bar of soap is packed full of organic oils, such as coconut and almond, coconut butter and annatto seed powder. Essential oils of orange patchouli give this soap a perfect fall-worthy scent.
2. Minty Fresh Lip Balm – Tingly spearmint tops off this lip-loving balm that is made up of organic jojoba, coconut and avocado oils, and has added vitamin E oil for replenishing. Candelilla wax replaces what is normally beeswax or petroleum in lip balms such as this.
3. Tranquil Ocean Bath Salts – Cold autumn days call for warm fragrant baths. The Tranquil Ocean bath salts are a blend of epsom salt, dead sea mineral salt, and Himalayan pink salt. Colloidal oatmeal and organic olive oil are mixed in to soften skin, and essential oils of clove bud, rosemary, cypress and tangerine offer a beautiful, relaxing smell.
4. Thai Surprise Body Butter – Fall air can bring about dry skin, which means the simple body lotion of summer just won’t cut it. This rich body butter is mixed with mango butter, organic almond oil, organic olive oil, and vitamin E oil. The exotic scent provided by essential oils of bay leaf, lemongrass and ginger offers the perfect fall fragrance to go with a soy pumpkin latte.
5. Mocha Buzz Body Scrub – Scrub off that dead skin with this lovely body scrub made of fair trade cocoa and dark roasted coffee. The addition of wildcrafted sugar makes the skin silk smooth, while ingredients such as organic vanilla-infused sunflower oil, and vitamin E oil.
To get your hands on your own supply of perfect fall products from The Orange Owl, visit their website.