ZAO vegetarian and cruelty free cosmetics was a standout brand at the annual natural products expo, Expo West 2014. Zao offers a product that is full of organic ingredients, packaged in renewable bamboo packaging, and is refillable to reduce waste.
The refillable bamboo packaging was highly buzzed about, as many brands don’t offer the ability to keep the main packaging. Most of the products contains two ingredients that are beneficial to the skin:
1. Organic silica: According to Zao, the human body contains more silica than any other mineral. One of the main benefits of silica is its ability to help the body absorb vital vitamins and minerals. According to Zao, the body stops synthesizing silica at around twenty years of age, so an external supply is needed. Therefore, many of Zao’s products contain much needed external silica.
2. Micronised silver powder: Silver has long been used for its antiseptic and antibacterial qualities. By including it in topical cosmetics, the micronised silver powder is used to protect the skin, especially sensitive skin.
They offer a full array of cosmetics, in dozens of colors, here’s a our favorite:
1. Mineral Silk Foundation, $50, comes in 6 shades and include ingredients such as cacao, grapefruit and sesame seed oil.
2. Pearly Eyeshadow, $36, offers 16 shimmery shades from pinks, to blues, browns.
3. Lip Polish, $33, whether using with a lipstick, or alone, this burgundy lip lacquer provides a fun, sleek shine.
You are guaranteed to love this luxurious line of vegetarian and cruelty free beauty products, to explore them further, check out their website.