If you have Celiac disease, or just a gluten intolerance, vegetarian, cruelty-free and gluten free Au Naturel Botanicals by Alexandra Avery may be just the thing for you. With a mission to produce high quality skin care only using organic herbal extracts, pure plant and nut oils, and essential oils, their line heavily relies on aromatherapy and essential oils to provide healing properties through skin contact and inhalation. They use oils from plants that are known for antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties, and they only use natural preservatives in their products.
Au Naturel Botanicals by Alexandra Avery Vegetarian has a great philosophy when it comes to their gluten free, cruelty-free and vegetarian beauty products. A few of their key beliefs:
- Skin care should not have petroleum-based products, artificial preservatives or fragrances
- Skin care should not be tested on animals
- All ingredients should be beneficial to the skin
- Ingredients, such as essential oils, should be from the purest sources possible, and organic whenever possible
- Ingredients and packaging should come from companies that practice Fair Trade and have responsible labor policies
- Responsible environmental practices, such as reducing, reusing and recycling, should be practiced
- Materials and packaging should be locally sourced, whenever possible
Products from Au Naturel Botanicals by Alexandra Avery include cleansers, toners, moisturizers, masks, body oils, and bath and body products. You can also shop by skin type such as dry, oily and sensitive. They offer several nourishing treatment serums that are formulated to easily absorb into the skin and deliver maximum healing benefits. Their Overactive Skin Serum is a light moisturizer for oily skin, their Sensitive Skin Serum offers soothing essential oils to keep skin calm, and their Underactive Skin Serum delivers a concentrated mix of essential oils aimed to repair mature and dehydrated skin.
One of the nicest lines they carry is a line of body oils which, they point out, are specifically free of parabens, petroleum and lanolin (link to our article). Apply these oils after bathing, while skin is still damp, for a nourishing and moisturizing treatment for your skin. Their Mountain Herbs Body Oil is a lovely blend of organic lavender, rosemary and cedar essential oils. The Jungle Blossoms Body Oil is a sweet blend of orange, ylang ylang and neroli essential oils. For a softer scent, check out their Hawaiian Aloe Sun Oil, which features gardenia, and their calming Rosemary Lavender Revive Oil, which includes rosemary and lavender essential oils in extra virgin olive oil.
To learn more about Au Naturel Botanicals by Alexandra Avery, visit their website.