Sure, Dr. Bronner’s is famous for its unique pure castile soaps, but the soapmaker also has a line of organic lotions that’s certainly worth trying. Organic Lotions by Dr. Bronner include Lavender Coconut, Lavender Lotion, Patchouli Lime and Peppermint. All lotions are certified organic, and made with pure organic oils, “free of petrochemically modified ingredients and preservatives”. Organic essential oils are also used for fragrance.
Dr. Bronner’s organic lotions are made with ingredients such as jojoba, hemp, avocado oil, lavender oil, coconut oil, lime oil and peppermint oil. Each 8 oz. lotion includes other ingredients such as organic ethanol, water, xanthan gum and organic quillaja saponaria extract. All Dr. Bronner products are cruelty free.
About Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps
Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps has a history that dates back more than 60 years, but when it comes to soapmaking, the company has a history that dates back 150 years, over 5 generations. Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps are certified under the USDA National Organic Program and Fair Trade. The company recently added other products to its collection, such as organic hair rinses and organic shave gels.
Dr. Bronner’s sells classic liquid & bar soaps, organic hand & body soaps, organic lip balms, organic body balms, organic lotions and baby & sensitive skin care products. Most natural and organic skin care enthusiasts are familiar with Dr. Bronner’s Magic Pure Castile Classic soaps. These soaps are available in classic, peppermint, eucalyptus, almond, rose (new), citrus (new), lavender, tea tree oil, and baby mild. Fair Trade ingredients include saponified organic coconut, organic palm and organic olive oil. Other ingredients include: water, saponified organic coconut, organic palm, organic olive oils, organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, essential oils, citric acid and Vitamin E.
Dr. Bronner’s Magic Pure Castille Classic soaps are biodegradable, vegetable based and multi-purpose. Each soap has at least 18 uses. Please read the information at the end of this article regarding Dr. Bronner’s 18-in1 uses. The information comes directly from the official Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps website. Dr. Bronner’s soaps do not contain synthetic foaming agents, thickeners or preservatives. The packaging is made from 100% post-consumer recycled bottles and paper.
To purchase Dr. Bronner’s products, visit the official Dr. Bronner’s website (www.DrBronner.com), or you may find his products at health food stores and beauty supply houses across the U.S. Please visit the website to locate retail stores in your region.
Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 uses Explained
Dr. Bronner recorded the “18 in 1 uses” on his label, which we have left mostly intact since his passing in 1997; however, people have told us many, many more uses for it than that. Here is his version. A more paraphrased one follows.
Dr. Bronner’s version:
1. Always dilute for Shave-Shampoo-Massage-Dental Soap-Bath!
2. Peppermint is nature’s own unsurpassed fragrant Deodorant!
3. A drop is best Mint Toothpaste; brushes Dentures Clean!
4. A dash in water is the ideal Breath Freshener & Mouth Wash!
5. Peppermint Oil Soap for Dispensers, Uniforms, Baby, Beach!
6. Dilute for ideal After Shave, Body Rub, Foot Bath, Douche.
7. Hot Towel-Massage the entire body, always towards your heart.
8. Pets, silk, wool & body tingles head to toe – keeps cool!
9. 3 dashes in water rinse most Sprays Off fruit & vegetables!
10. 1/4 oz in qt H2O is Pest Spray! Dash, no rash Diaper-Soap!
· For everyday body-washing: Get wet and pour soap full-strength onto hands-washcloth-loofah. Lather up, scrub down, rinse off, and tingle fresh & clean.
· For other uses, dilute from one part soap into 40 parts water for light cleaning, to cutting it in half or using it full strength for heavy-duty grease-cutting jobs.
· For shampoo, though we now recommend our new Shikakai soaps for this, many people are fond of using it as such. The method of application is to wet hair and scalp very thoroughly, squirt some soap into hands and work into a lather. Wash hair, then rinse well. Afterwards use our new citrus hair rinse and leave-in conditioners as directed.
· For the laundry, use 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup for one regular load; adjust as needed depending on hardness of water. I’ve been told that adding a dash of baking soda makes it even better.
· For toothbrushing, apply a drop or two of Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap to a wet toothbrush. Brush as you normally would, rinsing accordingly. Be careful about using more than a couple drops of soap, as you might start foaming at the mouth. Many people with sensitive or softer teeth like to use our soap as a toothpaste because it lacks abrasives.
–Information obtained from the official Dr. Bronner’s website, www.DrBronner.com