We love NYX cosmetics for exactly two reasons:
1. They’re products are inexpensive
2. They’re vegetarian and cruelty-free
Ok, that was technically three. But there is no doubt about it, NYX is right up our alley. The makeup community echoes our sentiment, as the company has a rabid fanbase across multiple sites such as Pinterest, Makeup Alley, and YouTube.
What we, and the rest of the makeup community, love about NYX is that they have dozens of products that are inexpensive versions, or, “dupes”, that mimic many of the products by more expensive brands who also may test on animals.
Here are 5 of our favorite NYX dupes:
1. MAC Eyeshadow in Coppering – This beautiful copper color comes with a $20 pricetag, and an ugly company attached to it. Estee Lauder owns MAC and, as we’ve mentioned previously, Estee Lauder recently caved and resumed animal testing.
The Dupe: NYX Eyeshadow Single in “Copper”, $5
2. Urban Decay Naked Palette – There is no denying that the Urban Decay Naked Palette is a must-have due to its shades of nudes, champagnes, beiges, browns, bronzes, golds, taupes, mochas, greys and black. It is full of universal colors that can be worn for any occasion, both day and night. But for $50, it is a week’s worth of gas or groceries for many budget-conscious fashionistas.
3. Nars Orgasm – It’s no wonder that this cult classic is so wildly popular; it’s peachy-pink shimmer imparts a stunning and youthful flush on almost every complexion. But that $30 cost may be a bit too much of a bite out of the beauty budget.
The Dupe: NYX Powder Blush in Pinched, $5
4. Chanel Illusion D’ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Emerveille – There is no doubt that this eyeshadow, which has iridescent hints of gold and platinum, offers a rich, lush look. And who doesn’t love Chanel? Unfortunately, as much as some love Chanel, their bank accounts do not. At $36 per single eyeshadow, it’s a steep price to pay for shimmer.
5. Benefit Erase Paste – This miracle-in-a-pot is wildly popular for its creamy consistency and its ability to cover blemishes and stress spots, leaving the skin looking renewed and refreshed. It’s also around $26 for a 0.15 oz jar, which can be tough to swallow.
The Dupe: NYX Concealer Jar, $5 for a 0.83 oz jar
Five products that are both cheaper and more humane. We like that!