Dry, cold winter air can often translate to dry skin. Our faces, especially, can take a beating between dry air, wind, and the daily environmental toxins that seep into our pores. One of the best ways to keep the skin looking fresh is to regularly exfoliate it to slough off dead skin and stimulate the skin to renew itself. Here are 5 of our favorite vegan and cruelty-free facial exfoliators:
1. 100% Pure Red Wine Resveratrol Scrub + Mask – We love this mask because it does double-duty as an exfoliator and a mask. Resveratol is derived from red wine, and is full of antioxidants and vitamins that fight lines, wrinkles and environmental damage. Wine extract, grape seeds, grape skins, organic rose water and jojoba beads join forces with the resveratrol to buff away dull and flaky skin.
2. Chia + Omega Radiant Skin Polish – Chia seeds combine with fruit stem cell complex to buff and exfoliate dry and flaky skin. The stem cells also encourage healthy cell turnover, which smooths texture and and improves hydration. Walnut powder buffs the skin, and jojoba oil adds moisture.
3. Jack Black Face Buff for Men – We didn’t forget about the men out there. Jack Black’s Face Buff Energizing Scrub with Vitamin C & Menthol helps men achieve a smoother shave by removing dead skin cells and dirt, allowing for a shave that is less irritating. It also opens congested pores, thereby preventing in-grown hairs.
4. MyChelle Dermaceuticals Fruit Enzyme Scrub – From one of our favorite skincare lines, this exfoliator not only calls upon jojoba beads to buff away dead skin cells, it also harnesses the power of fruit enzymes to dissolve built-up residue. Dual skin polisher and dissolving enzymes gently exfoliate to smooth and clarify the skin.
5. Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth – This Japanese towel has amassed a cult following due to it’s ability to leave the skin looking soft and radiant. Made from a blend of nylon and polyester, the cloth dries extraordinarily fast after use, making it difficult for bacteria and mildew to grow. The cloth creates a nice, thick lather to maximize facial cleanser benefits while stimulating blood circulation.
And remember, it’s very important to moisturize after you exfoliate.; your skin will be feeling baby-smooth.