While this blog is typically devoted to vegan and cruelty-free personal hygiene and beauty products, we occasionally like to bring attention to other vegan beauty brands that are worth mentioning. One of those brands is GUNAS cruelty-free and vegan handbags. GUNAS is committed to cruelty-free and ethical handbags, down to every aspect of their manufacturing. Even their adhesives are vegan and cruelty-free, and their bags are manufactured in establishments that are certified sweat-shop free.
What we hear many fashion-conscious folks (who also embrace the compassionate lifestyle) say is that they have a hard time finding luxury brands that are also purposely cruelty-free. Why should all your leather-bearing friends have all the fun with their new Coach and Juicy Couture bags? GUNAS is the answer to luxury needs on an animal-friendly level.
Sugandh is the founder and designer of GUNAS, and she grew up in India where some of the manufacturing of her bags take place. They also have in-house manufacturing studios, which offer custom design and free repairs of purchased houses for up to a year. Her designs are stunning, colorful, and can hold their own against any traditional leather designer handbag.
Here are our 5 favorite GUNAS bags and accessories:
1. The Scarlet wristlet – this adorable wristlet is perfect for a night out on the town.
2. The Rockstar purse – the black and gold color combo, with the red faux sued lining, reminds us of Great Gatsby colors.
3. The Melrose tote – The classic cut and color of this stunning, classic bag is reminiscent of Chanel.
4. The Sweetheart purse – this stunning neutral purse is perfect for running errands, or Friday-night sangria.
5. The Scarlet wallet – we just love the bright pop of orange against the cool neutral grey.
Want a GUNAS bag of your very own? Take a look around their website and check out some of the wonderful sales they have on some of their fashions.