Fall means pumpkin products are front and center, making it an excellent time to discover cruelty-free and vegan pumpkin skincare products. Pumpkin is excellent in a skincare regimen, for several reasons:
- Pumpkin seed oil is full of Zinc, making it an excellent ingredient for oily and/or acne-prone skin, as it helps manage oil production levels.
- Pumpkin seed oil is high in Vitamin E.
- Pumpkin is full of alpha hydroxy acids, which promote skin renewal.
- Pumpkin contains Vitamins A and C, powerful antioxidants that soften the skin and increase collagen product.
We are big fans of pumpkin facials; they leaves the skin incredibly soft and clear. Here are our 5 favorite cruelty-free and vegan pumpkin skincare products:
- C and Co. Hydrating Pumpkin Spice Lotion, $14 – This creamy lotion is chock-full of antioxidants and vitamins to nourish the skin. Cinnamon, clary sage and ginger oils increase circulation, and the organic coconut oil makes this lotion incredibly hydrating.
- Shea Terra Gingered Pumpkin Whipped Body Cream, $18 – If your skin requires a heavier moisturizer, then this body cream is just what you need. Organic shea butter is mixed with pumpkin seed oil, pomegranate seed oil and pink guava extract combine to soften and renew the skin.
- Michael Todd Pumpkin Mask Nutrient-Rich Facial Mask, $34 – This mask harnesses the power of pumpkin enzymes and glycolic acid to dissolve dead skin and other impurities, leaving the skin renewed and bright. Says one reviewer, “My skin has never felt cleaner and I can actually see a difference in the fine lines that I had, especially around my mouth.”
- Dirty Girl Farm Pumpkin Ale Kitchen Hand Wash, $8.95 – With a mix of organic pumpkin puree, crushed nutmeg, fresh grated ginger, cinnamon, vanilla sugar and rum, this soap sounds good enough to eat (but don’t). Aloe and glycerin aid in keeping the hands soft, even with washing.
- Rhonda Allison Pumpkin Cleaner, $32 -This daily cleanser combines pumpkin seed oil, ginger root oil and clove leaf oil. It packs a punch of vitamin A and beta carotene, to gently clean. Says one Rhonda Allison devotee, “This cleanser is amazing. Not only do you smell like Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas all rolled into one, it actually cleans without leaving that horrible dried out feeling on your skin.”
And while these are pumpkin products, they are available year-round, so find your new go-to!