Since Dr. Bronner’s “18-in-1” soaps claim to be good for as many uses, we wanted to find out how we could capitalize. We already the company’s Pure Castile Soap in Peppermint to wash our hair, cleanse our face, clean our hands and launder our clothes. The all-purpose, all-vegan and all-natural liquid concoction does wonders for brushing teeth (so we’ve heard) and it’s got to be perfect for other things (so we think, as dos the brand).
We set out to find out how. Here’s what we found:
This one’s a given for us, but if you haven’t tried it, you should. The Peppermint version of the soap leaves hair squeaky clean, and scalp feeling fresh and tingly.
Shave your legs, under arms, face and wherever else you need with any fragrance of Dr. Bronner’s soap. Just dilute a small amount with water to get a silky glide.
3. Teeth Cleaning
This idea come to us by way of a checker at Whole Foods, who swears she’ll never go back to toothpaste.
4. Body Wash
Squirt a little soap in your washcloth or on a loofah and then lather up. Dr. Bronner’s gets really foamy and the scents we’ve tried smell great.
5. In the Bath
Drop some of this liquid magic under running water in your bath, and then luxuriate the day or night away.
Try Dr. Bronner’s for these purposes too:
6. Deodorant – Put the Lavender variety into spray bottle with water.
7. Warm Towel Massage – Add Chamomile to a warm towel and steam your face clean.
8. Freshen Your Breath – Spray a bit of Eucalyptus onto the tongue or gums.
9. Mouth Wash – Combine Citrus with a little water and then swish.
10. Baby Soap – Lavender or fragrance-free Baby Mile is ideal.
11. Hand Soap – We keep it in the bathroom and kitchen.
12. After Shave – Invigorate shaved skin by spraying on Tea Tree or soothe with Baby Mild.
13. Soak Those Feet – Calm or perk up your toes, pads and heels with a foot soak of any scent you like.
14. Wash Clothes – Use 1/4 cup for top-loading machines and 1/8 cup for front loaders.
15. Fluffy or Furry Friend Wash – Give cats and kittens, dogs and puppies and other animals companions a bath with gentle Dr. Bronner’s.
16. Bug Spray – Just 1 to 2 tablespoons of Tea Tree or Eucalyptus sprayed on animals or plants helps keep insects away.
17. Fruit and Vegetable Rinse – Dilute a single squirt into a full bowl of water and dunk your produce.
18. Clean Your House – Use Dr. Bronner’s to wash dishes, clean counters, mop floors and more.
Learn more about Dr. Bronner’s vegan and natural soaps on the Dr. Bronner’s website.